OUM's faculty represents the world of medicine at its finest and most diverse. Physicians and basic science professors trained in the world's most respected universities have dedicated their time and talents to:
- teach basic sciences on the campus in Samoa and provide curriculum to US affiliate colleges.
- facilitate ongoing review and revision to OUM's problem-based learning cases.
- guide medical students through patient rounds at the Samoan National Hospital, and at teaching hospitals in Australia and the US.
- act as role-models to OUM students, serving as physician mentors, sharing clinical experience and patient scenarios, also evaluating student relationships with patients, colleagues, and other physicians.
- advocate with physician colleagues to arrange clinical rotations at accredited teaching hospitals.
- become an online instructor, guiding students through the curriculum, responding to inquiries, assigning case presentations, and directing student discussion boards.
Individuals with an MD, MBBS, or PhD who are interested in learning more about the OUM faculty and its teaching, administrative and mentoring opportunities are encouraged to direct queries to